For 8 years in a row, 1,000 citizens, accompanied by artists, will design and put on a one-of-a-kind artistic parade. Under the theme “Dreaming”, this year’s participants will work together with the artists to imagine and produce costumes, makeup, choreography, accessories, etc. All texts were written by community groups from Vaudreuil-Dorion. The parade has become a tradition involving people of all cultures, of all ages and from all backgrounds. Each year, on June 23, the pride of an entire population is on display for thousands of viewers.
The Mozaïk Parade was chosen for the Municipal Ovation Merit award from the Union des municipalités du Québec (UMQ) on May 24, 2014, in the category Citizen approach: democratic life, intercultural and intercommunity relations, and relations with citizens.
The artist-creators are: Lucie Bisson, Monica Brinkman, John McRae and Tina Struthers.
Spectators will be able admire floats created by the following groups:
- Centre Île-Perrot
- Cercle des fermières
- Chœur Classique Vaudreuil-Soulanges
- Club de gymnastique Gymini
- Club optimiste de Vaudreuil-Dorion
- CSUR la télé
- Escadron 867
- Ensemble vocal les Enchanteurs
- G-Force (chearleading à Gymini)
- Idolem yoga chaud
- Le Zèbre Rouge
- Le Réseau Trait d’Union
- Musée régional de Vaudreuil-Soulanges
- Organisation Indo-Canadienne de Montréal (ICOM)
- Paroisse Saint-Michel
- Parrainage civique de Vaudreuil-Soulanges
- Réseau emploi entrepreneurship
- Salsa Maya